Willow Home Ed has adopted SchoolCloud as our Student Information System (SIS). Because of Willow’s phenomenal growth, it became difficult to maintain an information system using paper copies and Excel spreadsheets. SchoolCloud provides a secure environment to maintain our data and share it as appropriate with our Admin Staff, Home Education Managers, Parents, and Alberta Education.
Willow’s implementation of SchoolCloud places all of us on a learning curve. It’s a new tool for doing things at Willow and that involves some adjustments. As well, while SchoolCloud is an established and secure system, the developers are still in the process of customizing our implementation of their product so that it best meets the needs of our community. This including our families.
While we encourage you to use SchoolCloud, keep in mind that Willow Home Ed firmly believes in providing parents the right to choose. If you prefer to send us paper applications, email or talk to us and return them by Canada Post, fax, or email. We’re here to serve.
Invalid Token When Setting SchoolCloud Password
By far the greatest problems we have been experiencing with SchoolCloud are due to web browser issues. SchoolCloud does not work in Internet Explorer (IE) and many Windows computers are configured to use IE as the default browser, even if you normally use another browser.
For this reason, it is important that when you open your SchoolCloud email to set up a password for your SchoolCloud account, we ask you to please follow these instructions:
- Open the email and hover your mouse over the hyperlink for creating your SchoolCloud account password. Do NOT click on the link but rather “right click” your mouse. Depending on your email software, you will see an option that reads as (or like) “Copy Link Address”. Scroll down to select this option.
- Open Chrome, Opera, or Edge and open a new tab.
- Hover over the URL box at the top
- “Right Click” your mouse and select the option (or something similar) “Paste and go”
- Please follow SchoolCloud’s instructions to set your password.
Please note that the link sent in the SchoolCloud email will only work the first time you try to use it. If you receive an error message, you will need a new email with another link. Here is how to request to a new email:
- If you receive an “invalid token” message, you have a browser issue and we will need to send you another SchoolCloud email with a new token. Please email email@example.com and ask him to send you a new SchoolCloud registration email.
- When you receive your new SchoolCloud email, use the steps above to access SchoolCloud.
Completing the PDF Forms
SchoolCloud will automatically read your PDF forms provided you fill them out using Abobe Acrobat Reader DC. Web browsers have PDF functions built into them but, as they are not supported by Adobe, you will have difficulty completing the forms properly.
Adobe Acrobat Reader DC runs only all computer platforms and is free. You do not need the subscription based Acrobat Pro DC. Download Adobe Acrobat Reader here https://get.adobe.com/reader/
Please save your PDF registration forms package to your computer, open Acrobat Reader DC, and then open the PDF registration forms package using Acrobat Reader DC.
Signing the PDF Forms
Please sign the forms where signatures are required within Adobe Acrobat Reader DC. Use can either a digital signature or sign the form using your mouse.
If you want to print, sign, and scan your registration forms, do not upload them into SchoolCloud but instead email them to firstname.lastname@example.org